The Trials of Mary-Jane 1

000The Trials of Mary-Jane
Prologue
The aroma from the kitchen was very enticing, it was like that of a sweet savor. Rachel hummed as she cooked, this was one thing she loved doing and she was very good at it. She was slicing the tomatoes when she heard her name, fear gripped her because she recognized the voice. She dropped the knife in her hands as she shook in fear. A woman in her mid-fifties charged into the kitchen like her voracious wolf, Rachel froze where she stood, “what is it Rachel?” she asked, Rachel broke into tears, 'not today' she thought, “why are you still here Rachel” she asked again though Rachel knew she wasn't expecting any answer, she went on her knees, “mama, please I'm begging you…… please don't…”, “shut up!!” Mama shouted at her, Rachel moved back, “this is the 15th year Rachel, do you want me to die without carrying my grandchildren?” she asked and hissed, “I'm not the giver of children Mama, please don't do this again” she pleaded, “hmmmn……I'm in a very good mood today so I'm not going to disgrace you, but you have to do something for me Rachel”, Rachel’s tears stopped, she felt like a huge burden had been lifted up from her, “I'll do anything Mama, anything….”, mama laughed in a hysterical manner, “go upstairs now Rachel, pack all your things and leave my son’s house without looking back because trust me. It would be better for lot’s wife than it would be for you if you ever set foot in this house ever again” mama said, Rachel vibrated, she could not believe her ears, her husband of fifteen years, how could she leave like that, all her sweat and everything she had put into the home would all be for nothing, all the years of insults from neighbors, friends and members of his family would just be for nothing yet could she fight her mother in law, the thorn in her flesh. She stood up and looked straight into Mama’s eyes, “im not going anywhere mama, I have taken a lot fir the sake of my home and I'm not ready to let go yet” she said  with all the strength she could muster though her voice was shaking. Mama laughed again, “I knew you were going to say this and I would show you what I’m made of today….. guys come in!”, Rachel was scared as three hefty men entered, “she’s going to leave my house today, beat hell out of her guys…..she’s leaving today!” mama shouted, Rachel became scared, “mama, please you can't  do this to me now….. my husband is not around….. please” Rachel pleaded, “shanko….what are you waiting for?” mama said and left, the tallest among the guys slapped her and she fell to the ground immediately, she broke into tears, they kicked her and beat her mercilessly. Mama came downstairs with her luggage and threw them out of the gate, the men dragged her out of the gate into their car with all her bags. They drove her far away and threw her unconscious body and her luggage  at a dumpsite then left her there. Her body laid there like she was an animal, the cruelty she went through was unbearable.


This is just the beginning.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING