Rejection : The Fear Within

There's a time in life when you have this best friend and all you ever want is for him or her to look at you the way he looks at others. I once had a best friend that I was so in love with that I wished he would just look at me the way he looked at other girls. He would talk to me about the other girls he had crush on and how beautiful they looked but he won't even mistakenly say anything about me. Deep down I would be waiting for him to just say "you are beautiful" but he wouldn't say it instead he would just joke with me and say "Idiot... Who gave you powder", I'll just laugh even when I'm hurting badly within me. The tears inside of me would fall and pierce my heart but the laughter would just cover up.... I don't know if you've ever felt that way. I carried this inside me for years and I was so shy to tell him I was in love with him because of the fear of rejection. I was afraid he would say no and I won't be able to look at him in the eye again and it would just jeopardize our friendship so I locked up my feelings and kept on hurting within me and trust me I'm just going to regret it all my life. I'm not going to regret the fact that he didn't tell me I'm beautiful or compliment me or love me the way I did but I'll regret not telling him how I felt because of rejection. Most times in life, people fail to try because they are scared of being rejected, we don't want to talk because we think our opinion might be rejected, we don't want to go for that job interview because we believe we would be rejected so this fear of rejection keeps us from doing things we are supposed to do, things that we desire badly to do. Well, you don't have to be scared of being rejected because like it or not, we would all face rejection at a point in life..... It's not bad if you're rejected because it's just part of life.... Not everyone would take you for who you are, not everyone would believe in your dreams or even support you. The only person who could believe in you is YOU, so all you gotta do is stand up and do what you gotta do. When you get rejected, just remember that it's part of life... You might feel bad about it but don't let the fear of rejection dominate you and stop you from doing what you gotta do. Remember that no one on earth could love, believe and embrace you like YOU.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING