Cracked 3


Choo closed her book after reading for several hours since she got back from school. Reading had become the only thing she knew how to do best, it was her companion and it helped her get over the stress of each day. She remembered what had happened in the school, she didn't wish to be like this but she couldn't find the strength to change. The new teacher had been obviously pissed at her and she had loved the way the new teacher taught and treated them in class. Though, she was not happy that Miss Anita had resigned from the school because of her. Miss Anita was one of the few people that really loved her and wanted to treat her like she was a normal person but she was not.
Her mind drifted away from Miss Anita to her friend, Alice. She was expecting Alice and wished she would not always come to visit her to at night. She looked at her bed and saw Alice sitting on the bed, "why were you late Alice?" she asked happily as she sat beside Alice, "I'm sorry Choo, I was doing some stuffs" Alice said smiling at Choo, "so what's up?" Alice asked, Choo smiled, at least she had a friend in Alice, "the new teacher, Miss Monica called me out to answer a question and as usual I froze and started crying" Choo said sadly, "don't be sad, it wasn't your fault Choo. It's because of what happened " Alice said, "but what happened was also my fault. You know mummy told me before...... " she stopped as she saw Alice's countenance drop, "I'm sorry Alice, I promised not to talk of it again, I'm sorry for breaking my promise. Why can't I do something right?" she asked Alice angrily, "it's just the way you are Choo, at least you are good at making others sad and scoring good marks in class" Alice said, Choo sighed deeply, Alice was right. She heard a knock on the door, "let me check who is there" she told Alice, "I have to go Choo, you know nobody must see me" Alice said, tears dropped from her eyes as Alice left her. She peeped through the hole in her door and saw her step-mom, Meg, standing at the door. She opened the door for her to enter. Meg smiled as she entered, "thanks Choo" she said, Choo faced down sadly not wanting to look at Meg in the eyes. Meg was obviously not comfortable with the way Choo was but she was happy Choo even let her into her room, "Choo, I came to ask for your permission to host my colleagues at work in the house. It's a ritual and it's my turn..... " Meg chuckled but Choo didn't even move, "it's going to be tomorrow evening and I promise they would not bother you......" Meg paused for an answer from Choo, she stifled a cry, "Choo..... Please talk to me" She pleaded with tears in her eyes, "o... O.... Kay" Choo said shaking and breathing fast like she just went for a marathon race. Meg was not satisfied with that, "Choo..... Look at me..... Look at me...... Please..... Just look at me" she cried but Choo just faced down. Meg wiped her tears, "I love you Choo" she said, Choo went to her bed, she laid on it and covered herself with the blanket, "I love you Choo..... I love your Dad too but I hate we are not closer than this Choo" She said, she waited for a response from Choo but Choo kept mute. Meg left the room and shut the door behind her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING