Cracked 4

4
"Really?" Monica asked her Fiance, Ben, "yes, the guy walked up to me and said 'I thought it was mine' and I was like seriously..... But he just left in shame" Ben said grinning, "that's funny, how could someone steal and tell such a lie......", "welcome to the country Babe" Ben said, "I have been in the country for six years now so you don't have to welcome me" Monica said playfully, "I have been here my whole life and trust me, It changes everyday" Ben said then glanced at the paper work in front of her, "who is Choo?" he asked, "she's my student, something happened in school today", "did she die?" he asked looking afraid, "no.... Why would you even think that?", "I'm sorry.... I thought... ", "don't ever think of anything evil concerning anyone especially my student" she said sternly, "okay, I'm sorry.....  So what happened?", "Choo is a very brilliant girl and she has prospects..... But she is damn too shy. I called her out in the class today to explain a test I had given them but she just started crying", "maybe she didn't know it", "that's the issue Ben, she got the highest mark. I went to the principal's office and she was not surprised, she said that was how Choo had been since she was brought to the school. The former teacher left because of this same issue" Monica said eagerly, "so why are you writing her name on your book?" he asked, "I want to devise a way to help Choo, she needs help and I think I can help her", Ben sighed deeply, "you're not serious Babe, you want to help a student that caused another teacher to leave the school. You don't even know if she has mental illness" he said looking angry, "Ben, Choo is a normal girl going through an abnormal circumstance. She needs help and if everyone is scared of helping her then who would help her?" Monica asked calmly, "it doesn't have to be you Babe, doesn't she have a dad or mum or someone?" he asked, "she has, Mrs Pepper said they have tried their best by taking her to various hospital within and outside the country but they said she is just shy", "Babe, this girl could be dangerous to you.... What if you are not able to help her and she hurts you badly?", Monica paused for a while, "I'll cross that bridge when I get there..... But I'm going to help her Ben, I have to" she said. She moved closer to him and hugged him, "I hope you try to understand Ben.... Maybe one day you will" she said quietly within her.
Ben took her hand in his, "I love you so much Monica and we are getting married soon..... I don't want anything to get in the way of that" he said looking into her eyes, "I know why you're trying to be protective of me but I have learnt my lesson with Marlon and I would not make such a mistake again. If I should discover that Choo can't be helped by me, I promise to stop trying" she told him and he heaved a sigh of relief .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING