Cracked 5

5
Choo tried to keep her eyes open in the class but she was so tired and all she wanted was to sleep but she didn't want to draw any attention to herself. She could not sleep at night because of the nightmares so she has taken Nescafe to keep her awake throughout the night and it had worked for her. She started dozing and before she could get a hold of herself, she slept off in the class.
Two hours later, the class was in pandemonium as Choo was screaming, "leave me alone!", the class prefect went to the staff room and called the attention of the teachers. The teachers left what they were doing and followed her to her class, a male teacher held Choo who looked like she was having a seizure while a female teacher assisted him to carry her to the Medical Center. Choo was stabilized after she was given injection. Mrs. Pepper called Choo's parents to come and pick her up from school.
Miss Monica went to meet Mrs. Pepper before Choo's parents arrived, "we have to do something for her Ma" she said in an urgent manner, "do what Miss Monica?  Send her away?" Mrs. Pepper asked her looking so tensed, Miss Monica was surprised at the question, "you want to send her away?" she asked in a calmer tone, "yes Miss Monica, look at today..... We don't know what could happen tomorrow or next." Mrs. Pepper was breathing fast, "I'm scared, I don't know what's wrong with her and her parents don't know. Why won't she just open her mouth to talk?" Mrs. Pepper slammed the table, "Ma, sending her away would not make it right. Let's just try..... "Miss Monica paused as someone knocked on the door, "come in please", the Nurse at the Medical Center entered, "how's she?" the duo asked, "she's fine" Nurse Abigael answered, "so what happened to her?" Miss Monica asked, Nurse Abigael looked at Mrs. Pepper for permission, "go ahead", "she was having a shock, perhaps she had a terrible nightmare and she couldn't just separate it from reality. It could be a memory she is trying to forget....but she's fine now", "thanks Nurse Abigael" Mrs. Pepper said, "can I see her please?", "I would not permit that, she is resting. It is better a family member discusses with her now to avoid any further shock. Any news from her parents?" she asked, "I have called the Mum, she's on her way", the three women sighed deeply. The door flung open and Meg entered, "where's my daughter?" she asked anxiously, "calm down ma'am", "I need to see her, where's Choo?" she asked shouting and breathing fast, "Choo is fine ma'am but you need to calm down before I tell you anything" Nurse Abigael said, Meg sat on the long chair in the office, "okay.... I'm calm now" she said still looking disturbed, "Choo had a terrible nightmare and it made her to scream in class because she thought it was reality. I guess it is something that has happened before... She's calm now, I gave her an injection to calm her down. I would advise that you take her home, allow her bathe, eat then rest. From what I see, I think Choo has not been sleeping well for some time now" Nurse Abigael said, tears started falling from her eyes to her cheeks, "okay... Thanks ma, would you bring her here or do I follow you?" she asked amidst her tears, "I would bring her here but in the meantime you need to get strong ma", Meg nodded affirmatively and Nurse Abigael left the office, Miss Monica gave her a box of tissue paper, "thanks" Meg said, "what are you going to do for her Ma?" Mrs. Pepper asked, "I don't know, we have tried everything for her. She has a private counsellor that sees her every weekend. We have taken her to meet different doctors but they say she's fine" Meg said in frustration, Choo and Nurse Abigael entered the office, Meg hugged Choo when she saw her, "are you okay?" she asked, "I'm fine" Choo replied coldly, "let's go home" she said, "I don't want to go home" Choo said, "why?" Meg asked, "please don't make me go home" she cried, Meg swallowed back her tears, "okay Choo" She said and Choo left the office. Meg sank into the chair, "I'm going home, the driver would come to pick her up when school closes" she said, "okay ma" Mrs. Pepper said, "thanks" Meg said and left the office. She was about to enter her car when she heard someone shout her name, "Mrs. Tom!!", she turned back and saw one of the teacher running towards her, she waited by her car for the teacher. Miss Monica panted when she got to Meg's side, "did I forget something?" she asked, "I can help Choo" she said, "how?" Meg asked, "I think I understand her..... I just need your approval and some other things", "things like?", "I want to know the truth Ma, I think you know something about Choo's case", Meg frowned her face, "what are you insinuating?" she asked, "I'm sorry Ma, I didn't mean it that way. I meant since Choo is your daughter, you would know some facts like if she had always been like that or it started after an incident.... ", "you think you can do what certified doctors can't do and besides the doctors said nothing is wrong with her", "between you and I, you know something is wrong with Choo", "I think Choo is just adjusting to some changes", "like?", "I don't want to discuss my family with you", "I understand Ma but I want you to know that I love Choo and I would do everything within my power to help her even if it costs me my job. Please take my card in case you change your mind" Miss Monica said, Meg looked at the card and collected it reluctantly, "you're a lawyer?" she asked looking at the card, "yes but I'm not practicing anymore", "okay, can I go now?" she asked, "yes ma, thanks for your time", Meg entered her car and drove off. Miss Monica walked back to her class, "something is wrong somewhere and I am going to find out whatever it is..... I'm going to help Choo" she said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING