Cracked 6

6
The day had been very hectic for Tom, he entered his room looking tired and all he wanted to do was just lie down and sleep. He had barely settled down on the bed when Meg, his wife sat up on the bed. He was surprised she was awake, "hey Darl" he said tiredly, "how was work?" she asked, "stressful..... Very" he said resting on the bed as he used his legs to pull his shoes, "we have to talk" she said, "seriously?" he asked, "do I look like I'm joking Tom?" she asked sternly, "this must be serious for you to reply me in that tone" he said sitting up, "Choo was sick today, she was screaming in class today and..... " she stopped as Tom laid on the bed, "what is it Tom?" she asked angrily, "nothing" he replied and yawned loudly, "didn't you hear what I said before Tom.....i said Choo was sick today, don't you care?" she asked surprised at his attitude, "you want the truth Meg?" he asked sitting up from the bed and looking straight into her eyes, "ye...s" she replied looking afraid of what he was going to say, "I don't care Meg, I don't care about Choo..." he shouted angrily, "what!" Meg exclaimed, "she's your daughter Tom" she said facing down in disappointment, "I know Meg but she's not my Choo anymore, I lost my Choo with Alice" he said, his eyes were red and he looked so sad, "Tom, she's just a girl" she shouted, "she's a young girl going through....", "don't give me that Meg, I do not want to hear that crap. Choo is only going through guilt and she deserves it" he said coldly, "what do you mean Tom.... the doctor said she's only shy" she said looking dumbfounded, "she was brave enough to kill but she's too shy to speak" Tom shouted throwing the keys on the table at the door, "T.. om,  why do you think she killed Alice?  I know you loved Alice Tom but it's not Choo's fault Alice is dead" Meg said as tears fall from her eyes, "you can decide to believe anything you want to believe Meg but I know what I saw.... My Alice died in my arms. I could not get there in time....i couldn't" he cried bitterly, Meg stood up from the bed, "Tom..... Tell me what's going on, I don't understand what you're saying" she said holding his hand, "Meg, please do me a favor and never tell me about Choo again. I don't want to know anything about her" he said sternly and left the room angrily. He met Choo at the door, he hissed and walked out. Meg saw Choo and called her inside but Choo just ran away, Meg followed her to her room but Choo had locked the door, "he loves you Choo" she said but all she could hear was silence.
Choo sat on the floor behind the door, she cried quietly within her. She wished she could just end her life but she could not because Alice said she should not. Alice joined her on the floor, "he is right Choo, you know how much he loved Alice" Alice said, "yes, I know. I know he can never forgive me Alice or can he?" she asked Alice, "I'm sorry Choo but he can't" Alice said soberly, "it's okay, I understand. This is my cross and I would carry it to the end of my life. Perhaps, a car would do me a favour and hit me on the road or a gun Carrier would make a beautiful mistake and shoot me so that I may die" she said leaning on Alice, "I love you Alice" she said, "I love you Choo" Alice responded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING