Cracked 14

CRACKED 14

Maria shut the door behind her, she was frustrated and could not bear it anymore. She could not understand why he had to leave again, this was not marriage anymore. She had tried to put up with it but she felt unloved and dejected. She wished she could follow her husband on his unending trips and feel like a woman again. Whenever he got back, he was either tired or he had to go back again. Her girls were asking questions and she had to just cover up for him because she loved him. She wished he would understand and stay with her even if it was just for a day. She sobbed quietly as she buried her face in her clothe, she wish she wasn't selfish and could just understand but she believed she had tried already. She heard the kids calling her name, she would take care of the kids and her husband but no one took care of her. She dried her eyes, she went to the bathroom and washed her face with soap, perhaps she was not as attractive as she used to be at the early stage of their marriage. She smiled and opened the door, "Mum!" she heard Charity call her, "yes Dear" she answered walking briskly to where Charity was. Charity was in the kitchen sulking, "what is it Darling?" She asked, "Dad has gone again, he won't be around for my birthday and even yours" she said, a sharp pain struck Maria's heart, "don't feel bad Choo,Dad has to work to provide for us" she said hugging her, "I wished he would not provide money for me and give me his presence " Charity said, 'same here' Maria thought. She carried Charity up and whirled her round, Charity lightened up and giggled until Maria put her back on the chair, "I love you Mummy" She said, "I love you more Honey" Maria said and pecked her.

Darlene served the juice for Maria and sat beside her, "you look so sad girlfriend" Darlene told Maria, "I'm fine " she replied sadly, "talk to me Maria, aren't we besties anymore?" she asked, Maria took a deep sigh, "how do you do it?" she asked Darlene , "do what?" Darlene asked her not knowing what Maria was talking of, "how do you cope with Ernest and Tom always travelling leaving us every time?" Maria asked looking frustrated, Darlene smiled, "I do what I got to do" She said, "what's that?", "I am a woman Maria, I need attention, love, sex and touch..... My husband can't give me that so I get it somewhere else" Maria was shocked, "what!!!" she exclaimed, "look Maria, it doesn't mean I love my husband any less, it only means I'm getting what I need" she said boldly, "I could never do that to Tom...... We promised each other to be together no matter what" Maria said surprise at her friend's words, "we are both guilty, he's not fulfilling his vows to me and I'm not too" Darlene said justifying herself, "he's trying his best Darlene, he is working for our own good" Darlene flared up, "is that what he told you Maria..... He wants to fulfill his dreams of having a very big firm. This is not about our own good, he is doing what he loves and I can not continue to endure the pain anymore" Darlene said, Maria became quiet, she knew Darlene was saying the truth but it hurt her. She broke into tears, "I'm sorry Maria but you needed to hear the truth" Darlene said, hugging Maria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING