Cracked

Cracked 13

The drive to Darlene's place was filled with suspense, he had intentionally postponed it till now because he was afraid of what she was going to tell him. He parked the car in the driveway and knocked on the gate, the fireman answered, "good evening Sir" he greeted, "Musa! How are you?" Tom asked, "fine Sir" Musa replied grinning, "how's family?", "family is fine" Musa answered, "how family Sir?" Musa asked and even though Tom knew the question was just out of love, it hurt him so much, "fine" he replied, he dippwshis hands and brought out five one thousand naira notes and gave him, Musa looked so overjoyed, "thank you very much Sir, God would continue to bless you" he said and prostrated, "just get up Musa, is your Madam around?" he asked, "Yes Sir" Musa replied and Tom walked away. The sliding door to the house was opened, Tom knocked twice a day entered the house. The house was just as it had always been, he sat on the sofa and took out his phone, it was obvious that Darlene had sacked all the servants in the house because of how the house looked and the total silence. He dialed her number and she accepted the call, "I'm downstairs" he said and she hung up immediately. Few minutes later, she was in the living room with him, Darlene looked so lean and sick which made Tom feel so guilty for abandoning her. The two of them stood with a slight distance apart for few minutes looking at each other, Darlene was the first to move as she hugged Tom, "I've missed you" she said, "same here" he told her, "how have you been?" He asked her pitifully, "I've been okay, looking out for myself and my children while trying to get over the death of the love of my life" she said as tears trickled down her cheeks, "don't do this Darlene" Tom said and hugged her to console her, "I'm so sorry Tom but... ", "I understand, I have also not been able to get over the death of......" he stopped, "it won't hurt to say the names" Darlene said as they both sat down, "it hurts deeply Darlene, I don't like to even remember it" Tom said sadly, "I understand...... How's Charity?" Darlene asked him, Tom took a deep sigh, "I would not lie to you Darlene, after what she did that day..... I have not been able to forgive her" he said angrily, "what!" Darlene exclaimed in shock, "yes, she caused the death of....." his voice trailed off, "no, she did not!" Darlene shouted and broke into tears, "what do you mean? I saw it myself" he said, "that was not what happened Tom....... Oh my goodness! How do I explain to you and not hurt you" she said as tears trickled down her cheeks, Tom looked confused, "what's going on?" he asked, "I'm going to explain everything to you the same way your wife told me and wrote in her letters...... I would tell you the whole story" Darlene said, "she wrote letters?", Darlene nodded positively and Tom sighed deeply, "I pray ypu find it in your heart to forgive us" she said while Tom looked dumbfounded, "forgive you for what?" he asked her,"when you hear the whole story then you would know" she said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING