CRACKED

CRACKED 17


Maria woke up suddenly panting and sweating, she put on the light in the lampstand. She was breathing fast, she stood up from the bed and took the bottled water on the table. She opened it and emptied the whole content into her mouth. She sighed deeply and looked at the wall clock, "it's just 2am" she said in a whisper, "how do I get over my guilt" she asked herself. She left the room and went to the girls' room, she entered the room quietly so as not to wake them up but they were already awake when she entered. She was surprised when she saw them, "my dears.... Aren't you going to sleep?" she asked and sat on their bed, "I can't go to bed Mum, I'm scared" Alice said, Maria understood her fear, she wrapped her hands round Alice, "I'm here Baby, you don't have to be afraid" she said then she looked at Charity, "are you going to continue punishing me Charity?" she asked but Charity said nothing, "Charity! Charity!!" she shouted but Charity did not even blink. She could feel the urge to cry but she did not want to cry especially in front of her daughters. She hugged Charity even though Charity did not reciprocate it. She stood up from the bed, "I love you girls" she said and left the room.
Maria broke into tears when she got back to her room, it's been three weeks since the bad incident happened but it felt like it was just yesterday. She opened her drawer and brought out the pills, her doctor prescribed for her, she took five dose which was five times what her doctor prescribed for her. She swallowed the pills and sat on the bed, "I can't go on like this, I wish Tom was here" She said amidst her tears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING