Drama For Christmas Celebration


Drama for Christmas Celebration


Title: The Reigning King

(A woman is dragged to the king’s palace, people are following her shouting and hurling names at her)

Crowd: kill her! Kill her!! Kill her!!!!

(the woman is wearing torn clothes and weeping profusely)

Crowd: she must be killed!

(they get to the king’s palace and she is thrown on the grass before the king)

Chief 1: what is going on here? (angrily)

Chief 2: why would you disrupt an important meeting?

(a member of the crowd comes forward and bows)

Kakwe: My King! Long live my King!

King: (nods) thank you. You are……

Kakwe: my name is Kakwe from Deritius, my king this woman has committed a crime.

Crowd: yes!!! She must be killed!!!

Chief 3: ahn ahn…. Whats going on here?

Guard 1: silence!!!

(the crowd keeps quiet but little whispers are still heard among them)

King: if you would not keep quiet, I would have you thrown into the dungeon and I would show no mercy.

Crowd: we are sorry King!

Kakwe: we are sorry my king, we are only fighting for you. This woman here has been going round talking about another king.

Everyone: ah!!!

Kakwe: yes! She is talking about a king that is far greater than you my king. That is why we brought her here.

King: (looks at the woman furiously) yes…. Woman! What audacity do you have to speak of any other king but me? I am the only true living King!

Woman: (stands up with boldness) No!! you are an earthly king but I am talking of the king of heaven and earth. You show no mercy but my king is merciful. Your people fight for you but my king fights for his people. He is the mighty man of warrior. The Prince of peace! Elshaddai! Elohim! ….. My king reigns over all and all power belongs to him…….he…..

King: (interrupts her and stands up angrily) what!! There is no king greater than I am…. I am the only king and everyone here are my subjects. Where did you see this king …. I would crush him with my bare hands.

Woman: (smiles)
 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.   Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. 
I,  Mary have  set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.  I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my daughter ; this day have I begotten thee.   Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.  Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.  Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.  Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

King: (Turns around in fury) No!!! Call me the chief Priest, this woman would be killed today.

Crowd: (The sound is reduced now as some of them are thinking of what she said) Yes!

Chief: Ogade! Proceed to the Hut of the chief priest and call him here immediately. Bring Him by force if necessary!

(Ogade leaves the palace hurriedly and comes back with the chief priest)

Chief Priest: (looks around) Oh King! Why have you disturbed the gods that were sleeping?

Woman: (Laughs)  Your so called god sleeps....my God does not sleep or slumber.

Chief Priest: (Angry)  who is this woman that talks to the god of our land without respect?

Woman: I am the daughter of the Almighty God, born in sin but reconciled to the father through the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross. I am a new creature!

Chief Priest: (shouts in anger) I would destroy you!!!!

King : Yes, she must be destroyed and that's why we brought you here Priest. Before you kill her, I want you to prove to her that her whatever king is a fallacy.

Woman: The King of Kings is not a fallacy.. He is the truth!

Chief Priest: (carries his rod and strucks her) In the name of Amana the god of our land, receive the leprosy disease!!! (sound of anger)

Woman: (Laughs) Hello!  Looks like you don't know  that He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world.
 For God hath highly exalted Him and has given Him a name that is above other names and at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow and all tongues will confess that Jesus Christ is the son of the Living God (sound of earthquake) In the name that is above every other name fall down before the king of Kings.

Chief Priest: (Falls unwillingly)

Crowd: Ahhhhhhhhhh !!

A man rushes in with his daughter who is sick and unconscious.

Man: King help me!!!

Woman: Thank you Jesus for today...

Chief 1: who are you?

Man: I am Madu and this is my daughter, she has been sick for about three months now and the doctor has said there's nothing that can be done.

Chief 2: get away from here, we are attending to important things here.

King: get out!!!

Woman: (Kneels) Wait! Do you want your child to be healed?

Man: yes, can you heal her?

Woman: No but Jesus can. I want you to believe.

Man: if he or she can I believe... please help me.

Woman: (sings) Oh Lord my God.. When I in awesome wonder.. Consider all the works thy hands has made, I see the stars....i hear the rolling thunder... Thy power through out the universe display.. Then sings my soul...my saviour God to thee.. (The girl starts to rise up) how great thou art.. How great thou art!!

Crowd: (claps and shouts in Jubilation)

Crowd: (bows down)

Kakwe : Oh woman! Please tell us about your God.. The one that heals a sick girl and can cause the chief priest to kneel. Tell us!

Woman: Years ago, A child was born.... A king was born on this earth. He came to save us from our sins... He came to give us life and hope. This King humbled himself and suffered for us... The chastisement of our peace was upon him, he died and resurrected on the third day....because he lives... We can use tomorrow. He is the reigning king.

Do you want to accept Jesus into your life?
If Yes, say this short prayer with your heart.
Lord Jesus, I believe in you. I believe that you came into the world to die for my sins and resurrected on the third day. I accept that I am a sinner and it is through you that I can be made whole. Come into my heart Lord Jesus and reign Lord.. Reign in my heart King!

Crowd: Jesus! Jesus!! Jesus!!!

(Chants and jubilates)

The End!!!
Written by Abiola Temiloluwa

Comments

  1. Great story for evangelism keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!... may God increase ur wisdom and may u continue to win soul to d kingdom.. Good job dear

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment below

Popular posts from this blog

The Storytelling Process

Community Management - Mentoring at Side Hustle Internship

CONTENT MARKETING